Ray Forensics provides exceptional training for latent print examiners. The courses are designed to be innovative, effective, and interactive. Upon course completion, attendees will be able to immediately apply what they’ve learned to become better latent print examiners. Ray Forensics has provided quality training to latent print examiners across the country. Contact Eric Ray to bring Ray Forensics training to your agency.
- Sufficiency for Exclusions – IAI 2018
- Sufficiency for Exclusions – CUGI 2018
- Using Customized Properties Fields in Photoshop to Document Latent Print Analysis and Results – IAI 2018
Exclusionology Research and Exercises
Contact Eric Ray to bring this class to your agency.
The Exclusionology class has been updated and improved with new exercises and a new focus on the research that supports establishing an objective standard for the exclusion decision. Challenging exercises serve to emphasize the main points of the class and give attendees the opportunity to actively discuss their decisions and hear the decisions of the other attendees. The class also covers how to establish policies for exclusions, how to most effectively avoid errors, how to compare without missing an identification, and how to avoid bias that might lead to erroneous exclusions.
- Review research and examples to establish an objective standard sufficiency for exclusions.
- Compare challenging latent print exercises.
- Study the process to reach an exclusion decision.
- Discuss the inherent differences between identification and exclusion.
- Gain confidence in your exclusion decisions.
- Understand the factors that increase the chance of error.
- Practice with exclusion, identification, and inconclusive decisions.
Eric Ray has been a Forensic Scientist in the Latent Print field since 2007 and is a Certified Latent Print Examiner. He earned a BS in Biochemistry and Molecular & Cellular Biology from the University of Arizona. As a member of the IAI, Eric is on the Editorial Board of the JFI. Eric has chaired the IAI Special Committee on Latent Print Probability Modeling and was a member of the OSAC Friction Ridge Subcommittee. Eric has published and presented extensively on Reducing Erroneous Exclusions. In his spare time he also co-hosts the Double Loop Podcast, an online program on fingerprint topics.